Thursday, November 6, 2014

Artie Lange says he's 'not racist' after his sexually explicit Cari Champion ... - The Birmingham News - al.com



Comedian Artie Lange apologized to ESPN anchor Cari Champion on Wednesday after he tweeted offensive, sexually explicit comments Tuesday regarding the "First Take" anchor.

Lange has been criticized for his tweets. (Charles Sykes/Associated Press)John Talty | jtalty@al.com

In the initial tweets, Lange fantasized about being Thomas Jefferson and Champion as his slave. He also tweeted about self-pleasuring to Champion while watching the ESPN television show.In a lengthy comment posted on his Facebook page Lange wrote, in part, "Let me say to Cari Champion if this hurt u (sic) in any way I'm sorry. I'm a comedian. Sometimes I'm funny! For the record my moms (sic) disgusted w the tweets. But if I based my humor on my mom I'd be broke."

His comments were met with a strong rebuke by ESPN.

"His comments were reprehensible and no one should be subjected to such hateful language," the network said in a statement, initially published by BuzzFeed. "They objectify and demean one of our valued employees under the thin guise of "comedy" and are offensive to all of us. We will not dignify them with any other comment."

While Lange apologized to Champion, he refused to back down from his tweets and decried "PC groups" for "ruining the country.

"To the PC army, congrats!" Lange wrote. "(You) won again! Gluten free cake! I've been asked not to appear on @midnight & u've (sic) ruined any chance I had at dating Cari Champion. (That was a joke."

Lange gained prominence in the comedy world after appearing on Howard Stern's radio show for years. He's battled drug and alcohol addiction in the past.

Source: http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/11/artie_lange_says_hes_not_racis.html



No comments:

Post a Comment