Friday, June 10, 2016

"Muhammad Ali meant everything to me", says Nicola Adams


Sholat Jenazah Muhammad Ali Dihadiri 14 Ribu Orang - Liputan Berita VOA 10 Juni 2016

I renamed it The Nicky Shuffle, she explained. Ill definitely be doing that in Rio in honour of Ali. I loved his footwork, the hand speed, the punches, the combinations he threw. I just thought he was amazing, the technical aspect. I thought, Id love to be able to do that and perform and put on a good show for the crowd.

Adams, unlike Ali, who was largely ignored in America after winning his Olympic light heavyweight gold medal in Rome in 1960 and who claimed he threw his medal into the Ohio River, was taken into the hearts of the British public and has also become an iconic figure in the LGBT community.

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/olympics/2016/06/10/nicola-adams-plans-another-muhammad-ali-tribute-at-rio-olympics/

No comments:

Post a Comment